What are Instant transfers?
All N26 customers now have the ability to send instant transfers. Unlike regular SEPA transfers which are processed within two business days, instant transfers are sent and received within seconds.
Instant transfers can be beneficial if you need to send an urgent transfer (can take around 10 seconds), however, there is a fee for our Standard customers, which is shown before you confirm the transfer. So if the transfer can wait up to 2 days, then a normal SEPA transfer is more likely to be suited. Our Premium customers can use instant transfers with no fee.
Although instant, these types or transfers are still able to be delayed due to processing, embargo etc. (just like regular transfers), so for important payments e.g. deposits, down payments, it is best to make these payments in advance to avoid any external financial losses due to delays.
How does it work?
If you want to send an instant transfer:
- Simply login to your N26 app, select Send Money > Bank transfer
- You will then be asked to enter:
- Recipient name
- Add a message (optional) and confirm the transaction.
- Select Instant Bank Transfer
- Enter your Confirmation PIN
- Confirm the transaction
The transfer will be processed and received within approximately 10 seconds
Please note: if the recipient’s bank isn't part of the SCT Instant Scheme, you won’t have the option to send an instant transfer.
- **N26 Standard customers will be charged a fee for using instant transfers. The fee is charged directly after as a separate transaction and the fee is different per country:
- Germany and Austria - 0,49€
- Spain - 1,99€
- Italy, France and Rest of Europe - 0,99€
- The maximum amount you can send with an instant transfer will be 2.000€ (5 times a day for a maximum of 10.000€ per day).
- If you’re using instant transfer for an important payment (deposit, fine, down payment), please consider sending the payment in advance in order to avoid any delay related to its possible rejection or embargo.
- If you’re paying a good or service via instant bank transfer, always make sure to check the receiver’s details and credentials before confirming the transaction. It is always best to be vigilant against scams.
Please note: Not all banks are currently present in the instant transfer Scheme. If the beneficiary bank is not present as a participant, you will not have the option to send your transfer instantly.