How does N26 Business Smart work?
Applies to Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
The N26 Business Smart account costs €4,90 per month and is designed for self-employed and freelance users doing business under their own name. That means you can’t have your company’s name on the account or card.
What are the benefits of N26 Business Smart?
- A physical N26 Mastercard for free: Choose between five new colors when ordering the card: Rhubarb, Ocean, Sand, Aqua, and Slate.
- Extra virtual card: Order an extra virtual card for free in the app!
- Extra physical card: Order an extra, physical N26 YOU card for a one-off fee of 10€ through your N26 app.
- Spaces: 10 additional Spaces (subaccounts) to organise your finances.
- Shared Spaces: Invite friends to your Spaces (subaccounts) to share and manage funds together.
- Dedicated phone support: Contact our dedicated customer support hotline if you have any questions.
- Cashback: Pay with your N26 Mastercard and get 0.1% cashback every month.
- CASH26: Withdraw and deposit cash using our CASH26 feature (DE, AT and IT T&C’s).
- Payments & Transfers: You can send and receive SEPA transfers using your N26 mobile app. Additionally, you can send money instantly to other N26 customers using Moneybeam.
- Additional financial products: If eligible you can also apply for our additional financial products e.g Overdraft, Credit, Savings etc.
It’s not yet possible to switch between accounts so it’s important to know if N26 Business Smart is right for you (new tab).
Keep these in mind when considering N26 Business Smart:
- If you upgrade to N26 Business Smart, your membership fee of €4,90 will be deducted directly from your account every month on the date of your upgrade.
- If you’re a new customer who signed up to N26 Business Smart, your membership will be active as soon as the first fee is charged. This happens when you topped-up your account to cover the first monthly fee, but at the latest 15 days after you proved your identity. From then on, you’ll be charged your monthly fee on the same date every month.
- The N26 Business Mastercard is intended for business use only. You receive 0.1% cashback every month on all payments made using the card. The process will start on the 15th of the following month and each month after and it will take up to 7 days for this to show in your balance statement.
- It’s currently not possible to have two separate N26 accounts at the same time so if you also need a card for private expenses, we recommend ordering a Maestro card (it’s availale in Germany, Austria, and the Netherlands).
- Transfers in foreign currencies aren’t possible with N26 Business Smart. You can visit Wise (new tab) for this.
- Business to business (B2B) payments are not supported with a N26 Business account.
*Allianz Global Assistance Europe trade name of AWP P&C S.A. - Dutch branch, and member of the Allianz Group.