How to change my debit card PIN?
You set your debit card PIN when you activate your card. N26 never sets a PIN code for your card, so if you forget it or just want to change it—you can easily reset your PIN right from the N26 app.
Before setting or changing your PIN, make sure your smartphone is paired with your account and that you’ve activated your card. Then follow these steps:
- Open the N26 app and choose ‘Cards’ from the bottom right-hand
- Tap ‘Card Settings’ and select the relevant card
- Select ‘Reset PIN’
- Enter the 10-digit number that appears on the front or back of your card
- Choose a new PIN code and confirm
FYI, before making an online purchase or a contactless (NFC) payment with a newly activated card, you’ll first have to make a chip-and-PIN transaction—in a store or at an ATM.
Invalid or wrong PIN
- For security reasons we don’t accept any PIN containing elements of your birth date, address, or any combination of repeated digits or numerical sequences—such as 1111, 1234, or 4321. If the number you chose isn’t accepted, simply try again a different combination.
- If you enter the wrong PIN code three times in a row, the card will be automatically blocked for security reasons. If this happens, please contact our Customer Support via in-app chat so we can unblock it for you.
- Your debit card PIN is not the same as your confirmation PIN, (new tab) although you can choose the same PIN code for both if you want.
- If, after changing your PIN code, you have trouble paying with your card, please ensure that you’ve activated it using the chip or at an ATM (see step 6 above).