How to change my debit card PIN?
If you don't know your PIN code, remember that at N26 we don't send your N26 PIN code by mail. Instead, you set your debit card PIN yourself when you activate the card. If you forget your PIN code or just want to change it, you can do so easily from the N26 app in a matter of seconds.
First, make sure that your smartphone is paired with your account (new tab) and that you have activated your card. (new tab) Then open the N26 app and follow these steps:
- Choose the Cards tab
- Go to Card Settings and select the relevant card
- Select Change PIN
- Enter your card token number, the 10-digit number that appears below your name on the front of your card (for N26 Smart, N26 You and N26 Metal cards, this appears on the back)
- Choose a new PIN code and confirm
- Finally, you’ll need to make a first purchase using the chip and typing the new PIN at a payment terminal for the change to take effect, just like when you first activated your card. If you live in France, Spain, Ireland, Greece, Finland, or Estonia, you'll need to make an ATM withdrawal or balance inquiry before you can use your card anywhere else.
Invalid or wrong PIN
- For security reasons we don’t accept any PIN containing elements of your birth date, address, or any combination of repeated digits or numerical sequences—such as 1111, 1234, or 4321. If the number you chose isn’t accepted, simply try again a different combination.
- If you enter the wrong PIN code three times in a row, the card will be automatically blocked for security reasons. If this happens, please contact our Customer Support via in-app chat so we can unblock it for you.
- Your debit card PIN is not the same as your confirmation PIN, (new tab) although you can choose the same PIN code for both if you want.
- If, after changing your PIN code, you have trouble paying with your card, please ensure that you’ve activated it using the chip or at an ATM (see step 6 above).