How to connect or disconnect my smartphone to my account?
To use your N26 account, you need one of the following smartphones:・ iPhone (5s or newer, with at least iOS 11 installed) ・ Android (6.0 or newer)Unfortunately, Amazon Fire and Oxygen OS versions aren't compatible with N26 at this time. Remember—you can only pair one smartphone per N26 account.
When do I need to pair my smartphone?
You'll need to pair and/or unpair your smartphone when you create an N26 account for the first time or when you get a new device or phone number.
How do I pair my smartphone to my N26 account?
In order to pair a new smartphone with your N26 account, you'll need your N26 physical Mastercard. If you are using a virtual card, you will need to contact our customer support team via Chat.
Pairing my smartphone for the first time
To connect your account to your smartphone for the first time, follow these steps:
- Log in to the N26 mobile app—you’ll be asked automatically to confirm your phone number
- Enter the 4-digit code you receive from us via text (new tab) and your phone will pair automatically
Pairing a new device
Remember—you can only pair one smartphone per N26 account.
If you want to pair a new device to your N26 account, you’ll first have to unpair your old smartphone for security reasons (new tab).
To unpair your old smartphone:
- Go to 👤 My Account (in the mobile app) or through the WebApp (new tab) (new tab)
- Then go to Settings
- Tap on Security
- Here you can now unpair your previous device.
If you no longer have access to your old smartphone:
- Log in to 👤 My Account
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Security
- Check your email for more directions on how to proceed.
If you log in to your account with a new device, you'll receive two codes via text:
- The 6-digit code for logging in
- The 4-digit code for pairing the smartphone to the account
You'll need the 6-digit login code to access your account. You can then pair your device using the 4-digit code.
Remember that if you change your SIM card but keep using the same smartphone, you won't need to pair/unpair your device.