How does Spaces work?
Set goals, create and personalize Spaces, and transfer money between them instantly. Spaces is available in the mobile and WebApp(new tab).
- In addition to your main account (or primary space), you can create and delete additional Spaces as often as you’d like but the number of active Spaces at any one time depends on your account type: 2 additional Spaces with an N26 or N26 Business account or up to 10 additional Spaces with N26 You, N26 Business You and N26 Metal.
- Your primary account statements will include all transactions sent to a space or received from one. You can download balance statements from the confirmation page.
- Only your primary space can be negative (if you are eligible for an overdraft). All other balances in Spaces cannot be negative, meaning you can only transfer what is available in a particular space.
- You can only use the balance from your primary space toward your Mastercard transactions. So consider transferring money before making a purchase if needed.
- Move money from one space to another by holding down on your Main Account and dragging and dropping into your space. Once the amount is confirmed the balance is updated right away.
- You can lock and unlock a space at anytime from your mobile and web app. You'll only need to confirm with your confirmation PIN. If a space is locked, you’ll still be able to transfer money to it. If you need to withdraw money from a locked space, you need first to unlock it.
- You'll be able to hide the amount within the Space from your account's total balance. Just go into your Space, tap the three dots in the top right corner and select ‘Hide space balance’.
Spaces includes a feature called Rules which will help you manage your time and your finances effectively.
Want to tell your friends about us and earn some money? Get €15 for each friend that you successfully refer to N26. Learn more about our Refer a Friend Program.