How to set Rules for Spaces?
Within your Spaces, you can set your own Rules! Rules allow you to easily create automated transactions and standing orders to your Spaces to save money and organise your finances.
If you want to set a Rule through the Web App, here’s what you need to know:
- Process a Spaces transfer and then enable the option to repeat the transfer.
- To delete a Rule, click on the 3 dots indicating the settings. You’ll see all the active rules. Clicking on the trashcan icon will delete the rule.
- If you need to change a rule, delete it from the settings of the Space you created the rule in, and then create a new one.
If you want to set a Rule through an Android device, you have two options:
- From Spaces > click on the three dots > create rule > enter amount > select space > choose frequency and date > confirm
2. After setting a Space Transfer > select Repeat > choose frequency and date > confirm
If you want to set a Rule through an iOS device, this is what you need to do:
- From Spaces > create a new rule > choose frequency and date > confirm
Please be aware that both Spaces Rules and Standing Orders are processed at the same time of day (0100 UTC). This means if you have a Rule and Standing order set up for the same date, you will need enough funds on that day to cover both.
If you have Standing Orders that are dependent on your Rules having happened first, you will need to make sure the Standing Order is set for the day after the Rule. This also means that if you want to prioritise your Standing Orders they need to be set for the day before your Rules.
Please note that, if you have an activated Overdraft, a Rule will still be processed automatically even if your balance is negative.