Can I open an account if I live outside the eurozone?
If you live in Poland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland or Iceland you may open an account with us. We offer:
- The choice between a standard bank account or N26 Business.
- Accounts in €, a German IBAN, and transfers with SEPA or Moneybeam.
- Good currency conversion with your Mastercard debit card.
- Free shipping of your Mastercard or €25 for express.
- Foreign currency transfers with TransferWise (with the standard account).
- 3 to 5* free ATM withdrawals in € in the EU (1.7% markup on foreign currencies withdrawals).
- 0.1% cashback on all card payments (for Business accounts).
- 2 Spaces in addition to the main account.
- A bonus for every friend you successfully invite to N26 with our Refer a Friend Program.
- Contactless payment with Google Pay and Apple Pay.
Tips for incoming and outgoing transfers:
- We recommend choosing your local currency to get the best exchange rate when using your Mastercard for purchases or to withdraw cash (if not, additional fees may apply).
- To top up your account using your local currency, we recommend converting your currency via SEPA transfer either using TransferWise (on their website(new tab)) or using your local bank.
- For outgoing transfers to € accounts, simply use the app's internal SEPA transfer. For outgoing transfers to non-€ accounts, use TransferWise in the app.*
*Please note: TransferWise is unavailable for N26 Business accounts (only SEPA transfers in EUR).