How to open my N26 account?
You can open an account in the app (on your smartphone) or in N26 for Web (new tab) if you:
- are at least 18 years old
- are a resident of a supported country
- own a compatible smartphone
- hold a supported ID (eligibility depends on whether you live in Germany (new tab), in Italy (new tab), or elsewhere in Greater Europe (new tab))
- don't already have an account with us
- are able to verify yourself in one of our supported languages: English, German, Spanish, Italian, or French.
This is how the sign-up process for an N26 bank account works:
- After confirming your email, personal details, and shipping address, select the type of account you want. *
- Prove your identity and connect your smartphone to your new account.
- As a new signup, you'll be able to top up your account via Bank Transfer or CASH26 deposit (if you are in Germany, Austria or Italy).
- After a few days, you’ll receive your N26 Mastercard by post.
If you'd like more information, here's how you can get in touch with us.
*If you meet our minimum creditworthiness criteria, you can open an N26 account. If you don’t, we may offer you an N26 Flex account (Germany only). This decision is calculated through an automated process.
We are available from 7:00 to 23:00 everyday, including Sundays and public holidays.
Want to tell your friends about us and earn some money? Get €15 for each friend that you successfully refer to N26. Learn more about our Refer a Friend Program.