How to open my N26 account?
You can open an account in the app (on your smartphone) or in N26 for Web (new tab) if you:
- are at least 18 years old
- are a resident of a supported country
- own a compatible smartphone
- hold a supported ID
- don't already have an account with us
- are able to verify yourself in one of our supported languages: English, German, Spanish, Italian, or French.
- If you open your account in Spain, please make sure to provide a valid Tax ID (as per art. 202, Ley General Tributaria 58/2003).
This is how the sign-up process for an N26 bank account works:
- Confirm your email, personal details and shipping address.
- Select your account type (personal or business).
- Connect your smartphone to your new account.
- Prove your identity.
- As a new signup, you'll be able to top up your account via Bank Transfer or CASH26 deposit (if you are in Germany, Austria or Italy).
- After a few days, you’ll receive your N26 Mastercard by post.
If you'd like more information, here's how you can get in touch with us.
*If you meet our minimum creditworthiness criteria, you can open an N26 account. If you don’t, we may offer you an N26 Flex account (Germany only). This decision is calculated through an automated process. N26 Flex account
We are available from 7:00 to 23:00 everyday, including Sundays and public holidays.