How to block a Direct Debit?
Before sending us the form to block a direct debit, please note the following:
- Creditor ID and Mandate Reference: You will need to specify both the creditor ID and Mandate Reference. You can find this information in the transaction details of the previous direct debit in the app or by contacting the merchant (please note, IBAN and merchant name is not sufficient).
- Attachments less than 25MB: When you reply with the necessary form, please make sure that the total sum of your attachments don't exceed 25MB.
- Document signature: If you can, it is best to hand sign the form you send to us. However, we can also accept:
- E-Signature: Needs to match the document you used to open your N26 account.
- Digital Signature: If you have a digital signature on the document that can be verified by us, then the signature is considered valid. Digital signatures can be created through providers such as “DocuSign”.
Finally, it is important to note that cancelling a direct debit only stops payments, it won't cancel the contract you have with a merchant!
How do I block a Direct Debit?
Please follow the below steps, complete the form and get in touch with our customer support team via live chat or phone:
- Please download and complete this form (new tab).
- Fill the form and specify what you want to block e.g. Creditor ID, Mandate Reference and full block. Please note, you can already find some of this information in previous Direct Debits from the same merchant within your transaction list.
- Make sure to include a signature (handwritten, e-signature or digital signature).
- You then need to get in touch with our customer support team via live chat (to be seamlessly verified) or phone, where our specialists can help you to complete the process. Completing the form beforehand will help speed up the process!