What is the maximum I can spend?
The daily limits refer to the past 24 hours (not the calendar day). The weekly and monthly limits refer to calendar weeks and calendar months.
Card payments in stores and online
- Daily limit: €5,000
- Monthly limit: €20,000
- Contactless payments on your card (NFC) up to €50 don’t require a card PIN. For amounts over €50 or cumulative transactions above 150€ you’ll need to enter your card PIN.
- A daily limit of €1,000 applies to: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
- A daily limit of €400 applies to: Togo, Congo, Benin, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Cameroon, Nigeria, Senegal, Algeria, Central African Republic, Gambia, Ghana, Rwanda, Tunisia and Uganda.
- The weekly limit of €2,500 applies to all countries.
- A monthly limit of €10.000 applies to ATM withdrawals for customers who opened their account in France.