What are the benefits of N26 Smart?
- A physical N26 Mastercard for free: Choose between five new colors when ordering the card: Rhubarb, Ocean, Sand, Aqua, and Slate.
- Extra virtual card: Order an extra virtual card for free in the app!
- Extra physical card: Order an extra, physical N26 YOU card for a one-off fee of 10€ through your N26 app.
- Spaces: 10 additional Spaces (subaccounts) to organise your finances.
- Shared Spaces: Invite friends to your Spaces (subaccounts) to share and manage funds together.
- Dedicated phone support: Contact our dedicated customer support hotline if you have any questions.
- Free ATM withdrawals worldwide: Pay with your N26 You Mastercard online and in stores, avoid hidden fees and benefit from zero foreign transaction fees around the globe. You can also withdraw cash for free in any currency from ATMs worldwide.
- Insurance package by Allianz Global Assistance*: Insurance which includes a broad range of personal and financial benefits such as:
- Travel insurance: Reimbursement of medical expenses abroad, for travel cancellations after a medical emergency, expenses incurred during a flight delay of more than 4 hours, expenses in the event of a checked-in luggage delay of more than 6 hours, and medical repatriation expenses.
- Snow and mountain rescue: Get covered for search, rescue, first transportation costs, and medical expenses in the event of accidents during a trip in the mountains.
- Car, bike and scooter sharing: Coverage for any damage or theft of vehicles rented from ride-sharing companies.
You can compare N26 Smart with our other plans (new tab) to see which one suits you the best!
Keep these (new tab) in mind when considering N26 Smart:
- The N26 Smart Mastercard has no embossing: the card details, including the number, CVV code, and 10-digit token are printed on the back.
- If you upgrade to N26 Smart, the monthly fee of €4,90 will be deducted directly from your N26 account every month starting on the date of your upgrade.
- If you’re a new customer who signed up to N26 Smart, your membership will be active as soon as the first fee is charged. This happens when you topped-up your account to cover the first monthly fee, but at the latest 15 days after you proved your identity. From then on, you’ll be charged your monthly fee on the same date every month.
- From now on, you can decide whether to pay your Premium fee monthly or in advance for the next 6 months or 1 year of the contract. If you choose the prepayment option, you will benefit from a discount on the monthly cost of your Premium account (Smart / You / Metal), which will be proportional to the billing period you want to pay. Upon signing up, you will find the prepaid billing options and related costs in your N26 app.
- Please top up your account right after completing the sign up with at least the amount of the monthly Smart fee in order to receive the card.