What are the benefits of N26 Metal?
ℹ️ Available in Germany, Austria, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Poland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein.
- A physical N26 Mastercard for free: Choose between three new colors when ordering the card: Amber, Black and Slate.
- Extra virtual card: Order an extra virtual card for free in the app!
- Extra physical card: Order an extra, physical N26 YOU card for a one-off fee of 10€ through your N26 app.
- Spaces: 10 additional Spaces (subaccounts) to organise your finances.
- Shared Spaces: Invite friends to your Spaces (subaccounts) to share and manage funds together.
- Dedicated phone support: Contact our dedicated customer support hotline if you have any questions.
- Free ATM withdrawals worldwide: Pay with your N26 Metal Mastercard online and in stores, avoid hidden fees and benefit from zero foreign transaction fees around the globe. You can also withdraw cash for free in any currency from ATMs worldwide.
- Exclusive partner offers (new tab): Enjoy premium partner offers and discounts with world-class brands
- Insurance package by Allianz Global Assistance*: Insurance which includes a broad range of personal and financial benefits such as:
- New purchase protection up to 10.000€ per year, in case of theft or accidental damage on goods you purchased with your N26 card . All the other benefits listed in the insurance package are not included in this obligation.
- Mobile phone insurance: possibility to claim expenses related to repair, replacement or compensation for your device (aged less than 24 months). This coverage becomes active after 30 days into your N26 Metal membership.
- New personal liability while travelling covers up to 500.000€ , in case you’re legally liable for damage to a third party or their property during a trip.
- Baggage Delay Insurance for the costs of first necessity items purchased when checked-in luggage arrives after more than a 4 hour delay.
- Baggage Loss, Theft or Damage for the theft, loss or damage (total or partial) of the Beneficiary’s Luggage
- Travel Delay Reimbursement of additional expenses incurred as a result of a transportation delay or missed departure during a trip
- Trip Cancellation Reimbursement of non- refundable trip costs, cancellations fees, and rebooking fees in case of a trip cancellation
- Trip Interruption Reimbursement of unused non-refundable trip costs in case of a trip interruption
- Early return Reimbursement of the additional transportation costs to return to your country of residence early or to continue your trip.
- Onward Journey Reimbursement of the cost of necessary additional accommodation
- Emergencies while travelling that includes:
- Medical Expenses coverage due to a sudden, unexpected, illness, injury or medical condition
- Emergency dental expenses for treatment to alleviate pain including simple fillings and repairs to dentures and temporary solutions as well as provisional replacement of teeth following an Accident
- Medical Repatriation & Transportation for the return transportation at nearest hospital or place of residence due to acute Illness and accidents occurring during a Trip
- Transport of the mortal remains for repatriation of mortal remains of the Beneficiary in the event of death during a Trip.
- Sports Accidents for covering the costs of the search or rescue and the costs of the first transportation between the place of the accident and the medical center or possibly the nearest hospital and for medical expenses due to a sudden, unexpected, illness, injury or medical condition
Who is the Beneficiary of the contract?
The account holder who has rights to claim under the collective insurance agreement.
For the travel covers (Trip cancellation, Trip interruption, Travel delay, Baggage & Baggage delay, Emergencies while travelling and Personal liability),
- the account holder’s spouse or cohabitant and
- children (including the stepchildren, foster children, adopted children or children currently in the adoption process) up to a maximum age of 25 years, if still in education at the time of travel, are considered a beneficiary, when they travel with the account holder.
The Mobile phone and Purchase Protection benefits are available for the account holder only.
Click here (new tab) to compare the old Allianz insurance bundle with the new benefits included with N26 Metal.
What kind of trips are covered?
Any travel or stay further than 100km from beneficiary’s residence or abroad, up to a maximum period of the first 90 consecutive days.
The trip starts when the beneficiary leaves the primary residence (also in case of a trip to multiple countries).
You can compare N26 Metal with our other plans (new tab) to see which one suits you the best!
Keep these in mind when considering N26 Metal (new tab):
- If you’re a new customer, the first fee will be deducted 15 days after you prove your identity. From then on, you’ll be charged your monthly fee on your sign-up date.
- Please top up your account right after completing the sign up with at least the amount of the monthly Metal fee in order to receive the card
- If you upgrade to N26 Business Metal from another membership, the monthly fee of €16,90 will be deducted directly from your N26 account every month starting on the date of your upgrade.
- If you’re a new customer that signed up to N26 Metal, your membership will be active as soon as the first fee was charged. This happens when you topped-up your account to cover the first monthly fee, but at the latest 15 days after you proved your identity. From then on, you’ll be charged your monthly fee on the same date every month.
- If you were previously an N26 You member, all purchases and travel booked using your N26 You Mastercard will remain insured.
- From now on, you can decide whether to pay your Premium fee monthly or in advance for the next 6 months or 1 year of the contract. If you choose the prepayment option, you will benefit from a discount on the monthly cost of your Premium account (Smart / You / Metal), which will be proportional to the billing period you want to pay.
- Upon signing up, you will find the prepaid billing options and related costs in your N26 app. It's currently not possible to change the billing option for the membership renewal.
*Allianz Global Assistance Europe trade name of AWP P&C S.A. - Dutch branch, and member of the Allianz Group.