How to file a complaint?
Looking for support or have a question?
If you need assistance with your account, card payment disputes, changing your data, or just want to ask a question, find out how to contact N26 here.
Raising a complaint
We’re sorry you wish to raise a complaint and will thoroughly investigate it. We'll provide our findings and final response via email. Our customer support team can help you submit a complaint via live chat, otherwise please write to one of the following addresses, based on your preferred language:
- German firstname.lastname@example.org (new tab)
- English email@example.com (new tab)
Please note: These inboxes are for filing a complaint only. Our customer support team (new tab) is available every day and may be able to resolve your issue sooner.
When filing a complaint, please always include:
- A comprehensive description of the complaint and the affected service or product
- The date on which the problem first occurred
- Any supporting documents to accompany your complaint (e.g screenshots, emails etc)
- Your preferred outcome
Kindly note, we can only discuss account related matters from an email address registered to your N26 account.
If the complaint is raised through a representative, it must also be accompanied by a special notarised power of attorney form.
Please note: Only contact us via our app or via email, as we are unable to serve customers in person. If you cannot contact us via app or email, please send a written complaint (letters only) to the central postal address:
N26 10026 Berlin GERMANY
We’ll contact you via email to confirm that we’ve received your complaint and will begin our investigation. In case we need more information from you, we will reach out directly via email.
Complaint handling times
All complaints concerning payment services, such as transfers and card transactions will be resolved within 15 business days, per the European Payment Services Directive II (PSD2). If we need more time to assess your complaint, we will let you know but we must provide our response within 35 business days. For all other complaints, different time frames apply based on the country of your account Terms & Conditions.
- Germany and Austria - 15 Business Days
- Greater Europe - 15 Business Days
- Ireland - 40 Business Days
- France - 56 Calendar Days
- United Kingdom - 56 Calendar Days
- Spain - 60 Calendar Days
- Italy - 60 Calendar Days
We may close your complaint if we do not receive a response from you. If you reach out to us again at a later date, we will open a new file and provide a new complaint reference number.
If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint
If you are not satisfied with our findings, you may wish to consider further advice from independent third parties, such as:
- An arbitration body via Deutsche Bundesbank (German Federal Bank)
- Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht – BaFin (German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority)
For a full list of dispute resolution bodies, please see our Imprint (new tab) page.