How to upgrade to N26 Smart?
Applies to Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Poland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.
You can upgrade to N26 Smart during initial sign-up, or by upgrading in the mobile app if you have a standard N26 bank account. To upgrade to N26 Smart in the mobile app, simply go to the Explore tab and select Get N26 Smart. You can choose between one of our five new colors when ordering a new card: Rhubarb, Ocean, Sand, Aqua, and Slate.
Then choose your preferred delivery method, accept the N26 Smart T&Cs and your new card will be on the way.
- Standard deliveries take up to 10 business days whereas express deliveries take 3 business days.
- If you upgrade to N26 Smart, the monthly fee of €4,90 will be deducted directly from your N26 account every month starting on the date of your upgrade.
- If you’re a new customer who signed up to N26 Smart, your membership will be active as soon as the first fee is charged. This happens when you topped-up your account to cover the first monthly fee, but at the latest 15 days after you proved your identity. From then on, you’ll be charged your monthly fee on the same date every month.
- The minimum contract period for the N26 Smart membership is one year. Your membership will automatically renew unless you cancel it up to four weeks before the contract ends.
- You can purchase an extra N26 Smart card for a one-off fee of 10€ through your N26 app.