How to cancel my N26 premium membership?
In this article you will find the difference between revocation, cancellation of the membership and cancellation of the renewal of your membership. You have 3 options:
- Revoke your membership within the 14-day revocation period (this is a legal time frame, you can request this by contacting us).
- Cancel your membership at any time (you can cancel immediately at any time without limitation by contacting us via chat).
- Stop your membership’s renewal up to 4 weeks before the end of the contract (this can be done in app).
You can revoke your membership within the 14-day revocation period. This period starts as soon as the first monthly fee is charged. Simply contact us and we'll assist you from there. If you revoke any of our Premium membership tiers, you will be able to upgrade again to the same or another tier.
Cancel your membership at any time
If you want to terminate your membership at any time after the 14-day revocation period, please contact us. If you choose this option with N26 You or N26 Metal, your insurance benefits will stop and your Smart, You and Metal Premium cards will also be deactivated. Cancelling any of our Premium membership tiers, you will be able to upgrade to the same or any other premium membership in the future.
Stop the renewal of your membership
You have up to 4 weeks before your membership expires to cancel the renewal of your N26 Smart, N26 You or N26 Metal membership. To do so:
- Log into the mobile app and go to 👤 My Account
- Select N26 Smart/You/Metal
- Tap Membership details followed by Cancel Membership
- you can also see your membership expiration date here
- Confirm the cancellation via the push message we send you
You can continue to use your N26 Mastercard fully until your membership expires. That means you’ll keep your insurance coverage (for N26 You and N26 Metal) as long as you’re still required to pay your membership fee. After that, a Virtual card will be issued to you on the contract anniversary date immediately upon downgrade. There is a minimum balance requirement of €10. No need to contact us about it, it will be processed automatically.
We’ll notify you of the renewal via email 8 weeks before your anniversary date.
If you want to definitely close your account, visit our article How to close my N26 account.