How to declare my N26 account for my taxes in France?

(Applies to all French residents with an IBAN starting with 'DE')

According to the French General Tax Code, all French residents are required to declare any bank accounts they have opened, used, or closed within the year of declaring an income. This includes your N26 bank account. To do this:

  • In your tax return, check the box Foreign account opened, used or closed (8UU) (Compte étranger ouvert, utilisé ou fermé).
  • Complete the Cerfa n° 3916 (new tab) form and attach it to your tax return.

Find more detailed information on this article (new tab) in our blog.