How to connect or disconnect my smartphone to my account?
To use your N26 account, you need one of the following smartphones:・ iPhone (5s or newer, with at least iOS 11 installed) ・ Android (6.0 or newer)Unfortunately, Amazon Fire and Oxygen OS versions aren't compatible with N26 at this time. Remember—you can only pair one smartphone per N26 account.
When do I need to pair my smartphone?
You'll need to pair and/or unpair your smartphone when you create an N26 account for the first time or when you get a new device or phone number.
How do I pair my smartphone to my N26 account?
Pairing my smartphone for the first time
To connect your account to your smartphone for the first time, follow these steps:
- Log in to the N26 mobile app—you’ll be asked automatically to confirm your phone number
- Enter the 4-digit code you receive from us via text (new tab) and your phone will pair automatically
Pairing a new device
Remember—you can only pair one smartphone per N26 account.
If you want to pair a new device to your N26 account, you’ll first have to unpair your old smartphone for security reasons (new tab).
To unpair your old smartphone:
- Go to 👤 My Account (in the mobile app) or through the WebApp (new tab) (new tab)
- Then go to Settings
- Tap on Security
- Here you can now unpair your previous device.
If you no longer have access to your old smartphone:
- Log in to 👤 My Account
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Security
- Check your email for more directions on how to proceed.
If you log in to your account with a new device, you'll receive two codes via text:
- The 6-digit code for logging in
- The 4-digit code for pairing the smartphone to the account
You'll need the 6-digit login code to access your account. You can then pair your device using the 4-digit code.
Remember that if you change your SIM card but keep using the same smartphone, you won't need to pair/unpair your device.