How to use Google Pay?
Applies to Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
Google Pay is a payment method that allows you to pay with your smartphone so you don’t have to carry your Mastercard with you all the time.
Google Pay is available in all shops supporting contactless (NFC) payments as well as online shops. Hold your smartphone near the contactless terminal and your payment will automatically process. When paying online, select Google Pay as the payment option. We’ll ask you to confirm your payment via push message during checkout.
How to get started:
- To add your N26 Mastercard, download the Google Pay app on your smartphone (it requires Android 6.0 or higher as well as an NFC-capable smartphone).
- Login to your N26 mobile app and go to the Cards tab in the bottom right corner. Right below the card of your choice, you will be able to add it to Google Pay.
Some tips to keep in mind:
- Google Pay requires a screen lock. If you didn’t set it up yet, you’ll be asked to before adding your Mastercard to the Google Pay app.
- If you’re protecting your smartphone with a case, you might have to remove it to pay. Some payment terminals don’t recognize your phone if the case is too big.
- If the payment terminal asks you to present your card (again), you might have removed the smartphone too fast or didn’t hold it close enough. Just try again while keeping this in mind.