How do contactless payments work?
It’s not possible to deactivate contactless payments. If you’re experiencing issues with your contactless payments, keep in mind that:
- To activate contactless payments, you must first use your card at an ATM or payment terminal.
- Transactions up to €50 don’t require a card PIN*. For amounts over €50, you’ll need to enter your card PIN.
*If the merchant's payment system supports this option.
- Make sure your card is held directly onto an NFC-compatible payment terminal. If you remove your card too fast or didn’t hold it close enough, just try again.
- N26 Metal cards only have NFC on the back side of the card. Make sure to hold the back side of the card against the terminal to use NFC (using the front won’t work).
- If contactless is not working, please always try to use the Chip and PIN method to complete your payment.