What is the Clientèle Fragile offer?
This is reserved for customers who opened their account with a French IBAN (starting with FR) - available since April 2023
Since the 26 July 2013 (new tab) law, banks are required to offer a specific service to people in a situation of financial fragility in order to limit their costs in the event of a payment incident. Each bank is required to define which customers are considered to be in a situation of financial fragility.
The criteria that are taken into account are :
- The existence of irregularities in the operation of the account or payment incidents and their repeated nature
- The amount of the resources credited to the account.
What criteria must be met to be eligible for the Clientèle Fragile offer?
N26 uses several criteria to assess the financial situation of its customers. If, over the period of a calendar month, we have charged you more than 5 incidents and you have received less than 700 euros in credit on your account, you are eligible for our specific offer: the Standard offer (new tab) with a cap on incident fees.
In addition, you are also eligible for the Clientèle Fragile offer if :
- You have been registered for 3 consecutive months in the Fichier Central des Chèques (new tab) (because of an unpaid cheque or bank card withdrawal)
- You have filed an over-indebtedness application with the Banque de France.
What does N26 offer to customers in a situation of financial fragility?
For more information about financial fragility, you can consult this guide (new tab).
- If you already have an N26 Standard account, the account will remain free and any incident fees will be limited to 20 euros for a minimum of three months, and for as long as you fulfil the criteria on financial fragility
- The N26 Standard account gives you access to real-time notifications that are sent with every transaction or alerts sent when your account balance is low
- If you have a Premium plan (Smart, You or Metal), we suggest that you opt for our Standard plan (new tab) for free, with no account switching fees.
- Any incident fees will be limited to 20 euros for a minimum of three months and for as long as you meet the criteria on financial fragility.
- If you wish to keep your Premium plan, you will continue to pay for your subscription.
- Any incident fees will also be limited to 20 euros for a minimum of three months and for as long as you meet the criteria on financial fragility.
If you meet one or more of these criteria and you are not yet benefiting from the Standard offer with capped incident fees, you can contact N26 support by clicking on this link : How to contact N26? (new tab)