How to add or remove Shared Space participants?
To get the most out of ‘Shared Spaces’ you can add participants so that everyone can start contributing towards your upcoming purchases, whether that be a vacation or simply splitting bills. You can also remove participants who no longer wish to be a part of the ‘Shared Space’.
Before we jump into adding or removing participants from a ‘Shared Space’, it is important to keep in mind the following:
- Only the ‘owner’ or the person who created the ‘Shared Space’ can add or remove participants.
- The owner can only invite people who are in their contact list, have an N26 account and are marked as ‘visible’ to other N26 users within their account settings.
- If the name from the owner’s contact list does not match the participants N26 account name, then the owner will need to fill in the full name of the participant whilst going through the ‘Shared Spaces’ add participant flow.
- You’ll need to have enough free Space(s) to accept an invitation to a Shared Space. If not, you can only proceed if you delete other Space(s) to free up … Space.
- You must also not have any open Space with the same name or image as the Shared Space. You can only accept the invitation to join a Shared Space once you change the name/image of the other Space(s).
How can I add a participant to my Shared Space:
Once a Space has been created, go within the Space you wish to add participants:
- Tap the 3 dots at the top right of the page inside the Space.
- Read the ‘learn more’ information and tap the ‘invite new member’ button.
- Search and select the contact list for the N26 user you want to invite (they must have an N26 account and be marked as visible within their account settings).
- If needed, enter their full name as it is shown on their N26 account.
- You are now in the “legal screen” so be sure to read all the information within the ‘Grant Power of Attorney’ page.
- Tick the box to confirm you have read and agree to the T&C’s then tap ‘Grant Power of Attorney’ button.
- Tap ‘Send invite’ on the push notification and enter your confirmation PIN.
- Tap on the relevant participant in the list of participants.
- Confirm the ‘send invite’ push notification on your paired mobile device.
How can I remove a participant from my Shared Space:
- In the Space overview, tap the menu indicated by the 3 dots in the top right.
- From the ‘Participants’ list, tap on the arrow to the right of the relevant participant’s name (iOS). Android users can just simply tap on the participant's name.
- Tap ‘revoke power of attorney’.
- Confirm the notification on the next screen and tap ‘revoke power of attorney’.