Why isn’t my photo verification working?
ℹ️ Applies to all regions except Germany
First, geolocation must be enabled. Then review the guide (new tab) we’ve created to help you take the best pictures.
Most photo verifications fail due to bad picture quality.
- Complete the process in a bright environment and use a phone with a good camera.
- If you're using an Android, ensure a proper auto focus.
- Enable or disable your flash according to the surrounding light (only with Android)
- Take your selfie with your id document at eye level (the camera and your document should be at the same height as your eyes).
- Make sure you’re the only person in the photo.
Check your document.
- We only accept photos of your original ID (photocopies or screenshots are not permitted).
- Keep your document on a flat surface and make sure your document is fully visible and the information on it is readable.
- We only accept national IDs and passports.
- Make sure your document isn't damaged in any way.
If you take a picture of your ID and a selfie and the first attempt doesn’t go through, you can just start over again.
As soon as your verification is complete, we’ll send you your N26 Mastercard. Deliveries take up to 10 business days.
Chat is available Monday to Sunday from 07:00-23:00.