Why do I need to send additional documents?
Once you have started the verification process to open your N26 Bank Account and you receive an email from us requesting additional information to continue with your sign-up, please read the information below to help you with your application.
N26 is a regulated bank, and in certain scenarios we may need additional pieces of information from our customers to continue with your sign-up. This is a standard request that aligns with legal and regulatory requirements. We will need you to provide us with specific documents in-order to open bank account.
We appreciate that this information is very personal to you and the information you send us will remain strictly confidential and only be used to fulfil our legal obligations.
What documentation do I need to send?
Customers with a German IBAN (which begins with the letters DE) need to send the following information and documents:
- Proof of address, such as but not limited to your:
- Registration certificate, or
- Gas, water, or electricity bill from the last 90 days
- Proof of income, such as but not limited to your:
- Employment contract, or
- Payslips, or
- Statement of assets and income (e.g.rental incomes, donations)
- Additionally, please provide information regarding the expected transaction volumes on the account per year (expected incoming and expected outgoing amounts) and the expected countries from/to which these transactions will be executed. A rough estimation is sufficient.
- Proof of your residency, such as your:
- Visa documentation, or
- Proof of study, or
- Proof of refugee status, or
- Proof of family reconciliation
- Source of funds, such as but not limited to:
- Contracts (e.g. purchase and sale agreements)
- Information regarding asset sales or capital gains
- Information regarding inheritance or other sources of income
How do I send you this information?
Please send the required information as a direct reply to the message you received from us in your in-app inbox "Messages from N26". In case you prefer to send the information via post, you'll find the necessary instructions there as well.
What happens if I don’t provide these documents?
If we don't receive these documents from you by [date], you won’t be able to continue using your N26 account any longer. This will be the last possible day to provide us with the documentation.
Will my information stay secure?
Yes, of course. We understand that this is very personal information. To protect your data, any messages related to your personal information are always sent to ‘Messages from N26’ in your N26 app. We’ll never send you links in SMS, or call you to ask about your personal details.