How to close my account?
You just want to terminate your premium subscription but keep your free N26 account? No problem, click here if you only want to terminate your premium membership, but keep your N26 account.
We’d love to keep you as our customer, tell us what we can do better!
A few things to consider when closing your account:
- If your account balance is at 0,00€ the closure process will be faster. That means:
- If you currently have a positive balance, we advise that you transfer the remaining balance yourself before going forward with the account closure request (If you do not have a SEPA IBAN we recommend using our partner service TransferWise (new tab), you can do this through the app).
- If you have a negative balance, we advise that you top up your account before proceeding with your account closure request. Otherwise we’ll reserve the right to hand the due amount over to a collection agency. Don’t forget you can contact us back within 7 days from your account closure requesting to settle the payment directly with us. In this way you can avoid additional costs the collection agency may apply.
If you have a Premium account, know that you can now switch to a Standard account (free and without obligation). Your IBAN remains the same, and you will no longer have to pay any monthly instalments. IF you would like to switch to a N26 Standard account, please contact us via live-chat.
Once you request for the closure of your account, every N26 card linked to your account will be automatically and permanently deactivated. Please destroy your cards by cutting them with scissors or a paper shredder. The chip, NFC antenna and the magnetic strip should all be cut into pieces and disposed of separately.
Option 1: Close your account online if you have a DE or ES IBAN
Important Note: Once you submit your account closure request online, you will be unable to stop the closure. In addition, please make sure to consider the suggestions above before going forward with your request.
- To close your account, click here (new tab).
- You will need to login to authenticate yourself.
- You will be guided through the process to close your account.
Option 2: Request your account closure by contacting N26 Customer Service
You can use the following method to request account closure:
Please send your request through live chat (click the Start New Support Chat button below) or via email to email@example.com from your registered email address using our cancellation form (new tab) (the form will require the below information):
- A statement requesting the closure of your account on a specific date or ASAP.
- Your name.
- Your N26 IBAN.
- If you have a positive balance in your main account or your Spaces, we also need an IBAN within SEPA to transfer your remaining balance.