How to close my account?
To cancel your N26 account, please send your request through live chat or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address including the following information:
- A statement requesting the closure of your account on a specific date or ASAP
- Your name
- Your N26 IBAN
- If you have a positive balance in your main account or your Spaces, we also need an IBAN within SEPA to transfer your remaining balance.
- A statement with your consent to send your account closure confirmation to your registered email address: “I hereby agree that N26 Bank is allowed to exchange personal data with me via email.“ (Otherwise, the confirmation of account closure can be sent via post, but keep in mind that this solution will slow the process.)
Or you can reply using our cancellation form(new tab).
A few things to consider when closing your account:
- For a quick account closure: if you have a positive balance, please transfer your remaining balance yourself. If you have a negative balance, top up your account.
- All outstanding fees are due immediately. This includes fees related to express delivery, and N26 You or N26 Metal (if applicable).
- Destroy your cards by cutting them with scissors or a shredder. The chip, NFC antenna, and the magnetic strip should all be cut into pieces and disposed of separately.