How to close my account?
We are sorry to see you go, but we appreciate the time you spent with us as a customer. You can choose between two convenient options to close your N26 account.
Option 1: Click here to be guided through our electronic account closure process:
- This option is the fastest way to close your account.
- You will need to login to authenticate yourself.
- You will be guided through the process to close your account.
If you cannot log in or do not want to, please follow the steps for Option 2.
Option 2: Please send your request through live chat (click the Start New Support Chat button below) or via email to email@example.com from your registered email address using our cancellation form (the form will require the below information):
- A statement requesting the closure of your account on a specific date or ASAP.
- Your name.
- Your N26 IBAN.
- If you have a positive balance in your main account or your Spaces, we also need an IBAN within SEPA to transfer your remaining balance.
A few things to consider when closing your account:
- For a quick account closure: if you have a positive balance, please transfer your remaining balance yourself. If you have a negative balance, top up your account.
- Destroy your cards by cutting them with scissors or a paper shredder. The chip, NFC antenna and the magnetic strip should all be cut into pieces and disposed of separately. (For cards that cannot be easily destroyed by cutting, please store your card in a safe place.)