How to protect my identity?
To protect and help avoid the misuse of your personal data, please keep in mind that:
- We will never ask you to prove your identity on behalf of other individuals or companies. This includes verifications for apartment rental contracts, lines of credit, or job offers (including jobs with N26). Only complete the verification process if you want to open an N26 account for yourself.
- As the account owner, only you should create and have access to your login credentials. Never create an N26 account with a predefined email address and password. If you use login credentials that were given to you, these credentials may be used to reach your personal and legal information. Also, never log into an N26 account that is not yours.
- Do not send your Social Security Number to unknown or unverified recipients.
- We may ask for certain documents when your transaction is subject to a routine check. Only send valid documentation to verified N26 email accounts.
- We will never ask for your username, password, or PIN codes outside the N26 app. Never provide this information in an external website or app, even if it looks N26-related.
- Mail is another easy target for thieves. If you are traveling out of town, it may be a good idea to have your mail held or to consider obtaining a U.S. Postal Service-approved lockable mailbox. All bank statements should be shredded, as well.
- Take care to monitor your financial statements. Make sure you recognize every transaction, no matter how small.
If you received a suspicious request from a third party, or think your N26 login may be compromised, please do not hesitate to contact us (new tab).