How to make transfers in foreign currencies?
We have partnered with TransferWise to make foreign currency transfers easy. TransferWise offers real-time exchange rates and no hidden fees. For N26 Business, Business You or Business Metal, foreign currency transfers in the app are not possible, nor are transfers to businesses.
TransferWise has its own transfer types and fees but this will all be indicated before you confirm the transfer. For detailed information about eligible recipients, please check TransferWise's available currencies (new tab).
To initiate a transfer in a foreign currency start by logging into the mobile app:
- From the home screen choose 'Send money'.
- Select 'Foreign Currency Transfer'.
- Select the desired currency and enter the amount you would like to send in € (it will automatically convert into the foreign currency below).
- After that, you add a new recipient or select an existing payee.
- Finalise the transfer with your Confirmation PIN.
To gain access to your TransferWise account for the first time:
- Go to the TransferWise (new tab)website and go to the login page.
- Enter your N26 account email and select 'Forgot password?'.
- You’ll receive an email from TransferWise to change your password and then you can use both log in details to perform the transfer from there.
Please note that in order for this process to work, you need to create a TransferWise profile via the N26 app first, meaning that you need to try to go through the in-app foreign currency transfer flow. Otherwise you won't receive an email from TransferWise to reset the password.