What is a Virtual Card?
If you are opening a N26 Standard account, then you will get a virtual card for free (you will need a minimum balance of 10€ to activate the card).
Your virtual card can be used for both online and in-store purchases. You can use your virtual card in the following ways:
- Pay in-store using Apple or Google Pay: Link your virtual card to either your Apple (new tab) or Google Pay (new tab) depending on your device.
- Withdraw cash: Once you have linked your virtual card to your Apple or Google wallet you can withdraw cash from ATM machines that are contactless-enabled. You can also use CASH26 to deposit or withdraw cash (DE, AT & IT).
- Make online purchases: You can view your virtual card details in the app (card number, expiry date and CCV number). To view these details:
- Login to your N26 mobile app
- Select ‘cards’
- Locate your virtual card (swipe left to find your virtual card if you have more than one)
- Select ‘card details’
- You will then need to enter your confirmation PIN or use biometric login to view your virtual cards details for 60 seconds
The virtual Mastercard is available only for N26 Standard accounts opened from February 2021