How to deposit and withdraw cash with CASH26
Available for accounts opened in Germany, Austria, Spain, and Greece.
Withdrawing and depositing cash in retail stores with CASH26 is easy––all you need is your smartphone! Simply open the CASH26 map in your N26 app and zoom in to find the nearest participating store. Once you’re there, generate a CASH26 barcode from your N26 app, and show it to the cashier to make your deposit or withdrawal right at the counter.
Use CASH26 to withdraw money without a debit card
With CASH26, you can withdraw money from your bank account in minutes using just your phone—there’s no need to have your N26 card on hand. Simply
- head to the Cards tab in your N26 app,
- then tap CASH26 > Withdrawal and
- choose the amount you want to withdraw.
- Next, enter your confirmation PIN (new tab),
- and confirm your transaction on the pop-up screen.
- Your N26 app will generate a barcode to show the cashier, who will scan it and hand over your cash.
Simple as that! You can withdraw up to €200 each time, with a maximum withdrawal limit of €900 within 24 hours.
How to deposit cash into your N26 account with CASH26
- Open your app and go to the Cards tab,
- then tap CASH26 > Deposit.
- Next, choose the amount you want to deposit, with a minimum of €50.
- Enter your confirmation PIN (new tab), and
- confirm your transaction on the pop-up screen.
- Once you’re ready, show your CASH26 barcode to the cashier to scan, and hand them the cash.
- Your CASH26 deposit will be credited to your N26 account within 10 minutes.
Here’s what else you need to know when using CASH26
- Your CASH26 barcode is only valid for 10 minutes. If you don’t make your deposit or withdrawal in time, the code will expire and you’ll need to generate a new one.
- If you enter the wrong amount by mistake, you can delete it by tapping the trash can icon in the upper right corner of your screen. Or, simply let the barcode expire and then generate a new one.
- You don’t need to purchase anything in the partner store in order to make deposits or withdrawals with CASH26.
- N26 customers with an Italian IBAN, can withdraw and deposit a maximum of 2000€ per week.
For more information on limits and other details, check out this article (new tab).