How to use Apple Pay?
(Applies to Germany, Austria, France, Italy, Spain, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Greece, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Portugal, Slovakia, Estonia, Belgium, Poland, Norway, Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, and Switzerland)
Apple Pay allows you to make payments with your smartphone so you don’t have to carry your Mastercard everywhere.
We’ve made a video (new tab) to help you set up your N26 Mastercard with Apple Pay.
Some tips to keep in mind:
- Your iPhone region matches the country where your Mastercard was first shipped to (you can check your region by selecting Settings then General and Language & Region in your phone).
- If you’ve lost your iPhone and aren’t able to find it again using Find My iPhone, you can always access your iCloud and remove all Apple Pay devices via the web browser on a Mac or PC. In addition, you should turn on Lost Mode to block your Mastercard for Apple Pay. Payments with your physical card will still be possible.
- If your N26 Mastercard is unexpectedly removed from Apple Wallet, it may be because you have logged out of your iCloud, turned off Passcode or Touch ID, reset your device to factory settings via iTunes, or deleted all the content and settings from your device. In all cases, you can simply add your card again. Keep in mind that the card won’t be removed if you update your operating system, reset your personal device settings, or turn off Find My iPhone.
- For in-store or online purchases, you must authorize your payment via Touch ID or using your passcode. If you’re using Apple Watch, authorizations are done by double-clicking on the side button. And if you’re using your Mac, authorize your payment by using Touch ID via the Touch Bar in the top-right corner of your keyboard.
- If you're an N26 Metal or N26 Business You customer, it may happen that the card image displayed in your Apple Wallet shows as an N26 You card (for Metal customers) or as an N26 Business card (for Business You customers). We're working now to resolve this. Rest assured that this does not affect the usability of Apple Pay or your premium membership.
- Make sure your device meets the technical requirements by visiting Apple Support (new tab):
- iPhone 6 or later, iPhone SE: available in apps, stores and web
- Apple Watch paired with iPhone 5 or later: available in apps and stores
- iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4: available in apps and web
- Macs introduced in 2012 or later (Macs other than the MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and Touch ID require an iPhone or Apple Watch: available in web