How to file a complaint?
Looking for support or have question?
If you would like assistance with your account, card payment disputes, changing your data, or have a general enquiry such as card delivery, please check our Support Center pages (new tab) or contact our Customer Support (new tab), either via Live Chat through your N26 mobile app, web app or via the N26 Support Center.
In the event you are unable to contact our support team via Live Chat, please contact email@example.com (new tab).
If you are dissatisfied with one of our products or services, our dedicated Customer Support team will also be able to assist you and are on hand to resolve any issue.
Raising a complaint
We’re sorry you wish to raise a complaint and would like to review this further. We will thoroughly investigate your complaint and provide our findings and final response via email.
Our customer support team can help you submit a complaint via Live Chat, otherwise please write to one of the following addresses, based on your preferred language:
- English firstname.lastname@example.org (new tab)
- German email@example.com (new tab)
- French firstname.lastname@example.org (new tab)
- Spanish email@example.com (new tab), or firstname.lastname@example.org (new tab) if you have a German (DE) IBAN
- Italian email@example.com (new tab) or through a certified email message (PEC) to firstname.lastname@example.org (new tab)
Please note these inboxes are for filing a complaint only. Our Customer Support (new tab) is available every day and may be able to resolve an issue sooner.
When filing a complaint, please always include:
- A comprehensive description of the complaint and the affected service or product
- The date on which the problem first occurred
- Any supporting documents to accompany your complaint (e.g screenshots, emails etc)
- Your preferred outcome
Kindly note, we can only discuss account related matters from an email address registered to your N26 account.
If the complaint is raised through a representative, it must also be accompanied by a special notarised power of attorney form.
If you would prefer to submit a written complaint, our postal address is:
N26 Bank GmbH – Complaint Management
Rungestraße 22, 10179 Berlin, Germany
We’ll contact you via email to confirm that we’ve received your complaint and will begin our investigation. In case we need more information from you, we will reach out directly via email.
Complaint handling times
All complaints concerning payment services, such as transfers and card transactions will be resolved within 15 business days, per the European Payment Services Directive II (PSD2). If we need more time to assess your complaint, we will let you know but we must provide our response within 35 business days. For all other complaints, different timescales apply based on the country of your account Terms and Conditions.
- Germany and Austria - 15 Business Days
- Greater Europe - 15 Business Days
- Ireland - 40 Business Days
- France - 56 Calendar Days
- United Kingdom - 56 Calendar Days
- Spain - 60 Calendar Days
- Italy - 60 Calendar Days
If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint
If you are not satisfied with our findings, you may wish to consider further advice from independent third parties, such as:
- An arbitration body via Deutsche Bundesbank (German Federal Bank)
- Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht – BaFin (German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority)