How can I protect my identity?
ℹ️ Applies to all regions
To protect and help avoid the misuse of your personal data, please keep in mind that:
- We will never ask you to prove your identity on behalf of other individuals or companies. This includes verifications for apartment rental contracts, lines of credit, or job offers (including jobs with N26). Only complete the verification process if you want to open an N26 bank account for yourself.
- As the account owner, only you should create and have access to your login details. Never create an N26 bank account with a predefined email address and password. If you use login credentials that were given to you, these credentials may be used to reach your personal and legal information. Also, never log into an N26 account that is not yours.
- Do not send your ID or passport to unknown or unverified recipients.
- We may ask for certain documents when your transaction is subject to a routine check. Only send valid documentation to verified N26 email accounts.
- We will never ask for your username, password, or PIN codes outside the N26 app. Never provide this information in an external website or app, even if it looks N26-related.
If you ever feel in doubt, have received a suspicious request from a third party, or think your N26 login may be compromised, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Still need help? Chat with us!
Open a chat in the Help section of the app or by logging into the WebApp.