How to close my account?
ℹ️ Applies to all regions
To cancel your N26 account, please open a chat with us. After verifying your identity, we'll then send you an email asking for the following information :
- A statement requesting the closure of your account on a specific date or ASAP
- Your name
- Your N26 IBAN (or account number/sort code in the UK)
- An IBAN within SEPA (or account number/sort code in the UK) to transfer your remaining balance to if your balance is positive or if you have funds in your Spaces accounts that aren't yet transferred to your main account
Or you can reply using our cancellation form.
A few things to consider when closing your account:
- Your account balance must be zero in order to close your account. For a quick account closure: if you have a positive balance, please transfer your remaining balance yourself. If you have a negative balance, top up your account.
- All outstanding fees are due immediately. This includes fees related to express delivery, and N26 Black or N26 Metal (if applicable).
- Destroy your cards by cutting them with scissors or a shredder. The chip, NFC antenna, and the magnetic strip should all be cut into pieces and disposed of separately.
Still need help? Chat with us!
Open a chat in the Help section of the app or by logging into the WebApp.