What is Phishing?
What is Phishing?
Phishing is a simple and effective tool hackers use to deceive people into handing over sensitive personal information. Once they have obtained this information, they can use it to perpetrate various types of fraud while impersonating their victims. If you’d like to learn more, please click here(new tab) to read our blog post about how to recognize and avoid phishing attacks.
How to report suspicious emails and text messages
N26 will never send text messages or emails containing time-critical warnings instructing you to log in to your account and share privileged user data. We’ll never issue you with an ultimatum, nor will we ask you to authenticate yourself or verify your data outside of our secure communication channels.
If you receive a suspicious email, do not click on any links or download any attachments.
To help us in our investigation, we ask that you either:
- Simply forward the suspicious email thread to us at: email@example.com.
- If possible, please save the suspicious email as an ‘eml’ file and send it to us. Most email service providers will automatically save the file in this format when you download it. Sending the suspicious message to us in this format allows us to determine the true origin of the suspicious message and report it to the relevant organizations. If you have any difficulty saving the email in this format, no problem. Please simply forward the suspicious email thread to the address above.
Please do not take screenshots and send them to us, as we can’t use this information. Delete the email from your inbox.
Suspicious Text Messages
If you receive a suspicious text message, do not click on any links or provide any data.
To help us in our investigation, we ask that you do the following:
- Take a screenshot of the message you received and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure that the full message, including the sender's phone number and the date/time, are all visible.
- After our confirmation that you have received a phishing text, block the phone number.
- Delete the message from your mobile phone.
How to Report a Fake Website
At one point or another, you may find yourself on an illegitimate website that’s being used to falsely advertise services on behalf of N26. You may also see our logo displayed on alleged affiliate sites. They may be offering credit, or perhaps they’re offering limited-time promotional deals. It’s important to note that just because “N26” is part of the URL, this doesn’t necessarily indicate that a site is legitimate.
If you suspect you’re on a fraudulent site, we suggest that you pause for a moment and do the following:
- Check the address bar and make sure the URL reads: https://app.n26.com/login. If it doesn’t, copy the URL and report it immediately to: email@example.com.