- With Top-Up, you can use a debit card (via manual entry, Apple Pay®, or Google Pay®) to instantly fund your account right from the N26 mobile application. This is the fastest way to add money to your N26 account.
- We charge no fees for your first transfer by this method, but we do charge a fee for subsequent such transfers. In addition, if the account associated with the funding debit card contains funds insufficient to cover the transfer, the debit card’s issuing bank may charge you an overdraft fee or decline the transfer. For more information, see below under “Top-Up Fees".
How to use Top-Up
After you complete verification of your ID, you will see "Add Money" on the main screen of the N26 mobile application. Tap on this button to continue.
If you have enabled Apple Pay® or Google Pay® on your mobile device, in the "Add Money" window in the lower half of your screen, beneath "Direct Deposit" and "External bank transfer", you will see:
"Debit card transfer"
"Apple Pay®" or
If you have not enabled Apple Pay® or Google Pay® on your mobile device, you will only see "Debit card transfer" as a Top-Up option.
If you select the "Debit card transfer" option to fund your account, follow the on-screen guide to manually enter your debit card details and confirm your instant Top-Up. The transfer is immediate, and you should see the transfer reflected in your N26 account balance instantly! (Note: You will not need to re-enter your debit card details if you perform a subsequent Top-Up with the same card later.)
If you select the "Apple Pay®" or "Google Pay®" options to fund your account, follow the on-screen guides to confirm your instant Top-Up. The transfer is immediate, and you should see the transfer reflected in your N26 account balance instantly!
Please remember that we charge no fee only for your first Top-Up transfer. We charge the fees specified below for subsequent Top-Up transfers. (Note: In cases where the transfer is refunded to the debit card’s issuing bank, we charge no additional fees to process the refund, but the original fee charged from the original transfer will not be returned to you.)
Frequently Asked Questions
- "I have already funded my N26 account by another method other than Top-Up. Can I still use Top-Up to fund my account without incurring an N26 fee?"
Yes! If you have not used Top-Up to fund your account yet, we will not charge a fee for your first Top-Up transfer.
- "Can I Top-Up my account once with a debit card for free, and then later Top-Up with Apple Pay® or Google Pay® for free as well?"
No. If you fund your account for the first time by debit card (via manual entry, Apple Pay®, or Google Pay®), we will not charge you a fee. However, we will charge you a fee for any subsequent transfers by this method. Please also keep in mind that, if the account associated with your funding debit card does not contain enough funds to cover the transfer, the debit card’s issuing bank may charge an overdraft fee or decline the transfer.
- "Can I fund my account by the Top-Up method when using the WebApp?"
We are currently offering this option through the N26 mobile application only.
- "Is the $600 monthly limit applied on a rolling 30-day period or based on a calendar month?"
It is based on a calendar month.
- "Is there a limit to the number of Top-Ups that I can do within a month?"
There is no limit to the number of Top-Ups that can be made within the month, as long as they do not exceed the monthly limit of $600.
- "If I choose to use a specific debit card for Top-Up, do I have to use the same debit card for subsequent such transfers?"
You can add a maximum of five debit cards as funding options.
- "What cards can I use to Top-Up my account?"
Only US debit cards will be accepted at this time. Please do not use credit cards, prepaid cards, gift cards, or any cards issued by foreign banks.