How to add money to my N26 account?
We make it easy to fund your N26 account. You can add money via several methods, including direct deposit, transfer from external bank, and debit card transfer, to name a few. Please see below for more information.
Direct Deposit: If you intend to fund your account via direct deposit, you have a few options.
- Simply provide the sender (your employer, financial institution, Armed Forces, Social Security, etc.) with our ABA routing number (122287675) and your personal N26 account number. You can locate your account number by clicking on the “My Account” option on the top right side of the website (and the mobile application) after logging into your N26 account.
- You can fill out a direct deposit form directly in the N26 mobile application and print it or share it electronically. Find out how here (new tab).
- In case your employer needs a physical direct deposit form, you can download one here (new tab).
Transfer From External Bank: Transfer funds from your external bank into your N26 account, conveniently, from within the N26 mobile application. To transfer funds to your N26 account using the N26 mobile application, follow these steps (Note: If you have not yet linked an external bank to your N26 account, please read our article "Transfer from External Bank (new tab)” to find out how):
- Launch your N26 mobile application.
- Tap on Add Money.
- Tap External bank transfer.
- Select the account to use to transfer funds from.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Tap Continue.
- Enter your 4-digit Confirmation PIN.
- Tap Confirm transfer to initiate the transfer.
- A message will be displayed in your Transaction List indicating that the transfer is scheduled.
ACH transfer: Transfer funds directly from your primary bank account into your N26 account with an ACH Transfer. (Note: This method is different from Transfer from External Bank in that you will initiate the transfer from your third-party bank account. This funding method may be a good option if you were unable to set up Transfer from External Bank successfully.)
- Log into your financial institution's online banking platform or mobile app (if applicable).
- Locate the “External Transfers” or “Transfer Money” or “External Account” or similar option and add your N26 checking account as a new account. (The bank account originating the transfer does not have to be under your name. However, please make sure that the recipient’s name is your full name as entered during the account sign-up process).
- Input our ABA routing number (122287675) and your personal checking account number. (You can locate your account number by clicking on the “My Account” option on the top right side of the website or by clicking the icon in the mobile app, after logging into your N26 account).
- Your financial institution may make a small test deposit(s) into your N26 account, within a few days, to verify your account. Typically, to complete the process, you may have to confirm the test deposit(s) with the originating financial institution.
- Upon completing the initial process, you should be able to transfer funds in or out of your N26 account using the third party banks fund transfer feature.
- Please be advised that these are general guidelines and your financial institution’s requirements may differ.
- Some banks may experience issues processing money transfers to the routing number 122287675. At this time, ACH bank transfers from Capital One and from USAA are not available to fund your N26 account. If you encounter this issue, please use another bank account to transfer money into your N26 account.
Top-Up: You can use a debit card (via manual entry, Apple Pay®*, or Google Pay®**) to instantly fund your account right from the N26 mobile application. This is the fastest way to add money to your N26 account. We charge no fees for your first transfer by this method, but we do charge a fee for subsequent such transfers. In addition, if the account associated with the funding debit card contains funds insufficient to cover the transfer, the debit card’s issuing bank may charge you an overdraft fee or decline the transaction. You can find out more about Top-Up here (new tab).
MoneyBeam: Instantly send money to (or receive money from) other N26 members. Find additional details in our "What is MoneyBeam?" article.
Third party payment processors: Put money into your account using these services. (Please note that you must have an active N26 debit card to fund your account with these method.)
- Cash App (new tab)
- PayPal (new tab)
- Venmo (new tab)
- Zelle (new tab)®
- Ingo Money (new tab) (mobile check cashing service)
Apple Cash®: You can transfer money from Apple Cash into your N26 account.
How to link my N26 Visa® debit card to Apple Cash?
You can link your N26 card to Apple Cash by following these steps:
- Open Wallet on your Apple device.
- Select Apple Cash.
- Tap the three dots on the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Add Money.
- Select Add Card.
- Position your N26 card in the frame to scan.
- Tap Next when the scan is complete.
- Enter your card's 3-digit security code.
- Tap Next.
- Your card is now linked.
How to transfer money to my N26 account from Apple Cash?
Transferring money to your N26 account from Apple Cash can be achieved by following these steps:
- Select Transfer to Bank.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Select how quickly you want the money transferred.
- Instant Transfer. There is a fee associated with this option.
- 1-3 Business Days. There is no charge for this option.
*Apple, Apple Cash, and Apple Pay are trademarks of Apple Inc. For a list of compatible Apple Pay devices, see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208531 (new tab).
**Google and Google Pay are trademarks of Google LLC. For a list of compatible Google Pay devices, see https://support.google.com/pay/answer/7643995 co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (new tab)