How to use MoneyBeam?
MoneyBeam is a service that allows you to send money to (or receive money from) other N26 members.
How to send money using MoneyBeam?
- Launch the N26 mobile application.
- Tap the Send money icon on the Home screen.
- Tap MoneyBeam.
- Select the recipient of the MoneyBeam.
- Enter the amount that you wish to send in dollars and cents and tap Send.
- Enter an optional, brief message to the recipient (max. 135 characters).
- Tap Send.
- Enter your Confirmation PIN to initiate the transfer.
- A Confirm MoneyBeam screen will be displayed showing the transaction details.
- If all is in order, tap Confirm to execute the MoneyBeam.
- Your Home screen will be displayed showing the MoneyBeam transaction that was just completed.
How can I request money using MoneyBeam?
- Launch the N26 mobile application.
- Tap Add Money on the Home screen.
- Tap the Request from friends option.
- Select the contact you are requesting a MoneyBeam from.
- Enter the amount you are requesting in dollars and cents and tap Request.
- Enter an optional, brief message to the person from whom you are requesting money (max. 135 characters).
- Tap Request.
- Your Home screen will be displayed once the request has been successfully sent.
- When the requested MoneyBeam is sent to you, an entry will be made in your Transaction List showing the credited amount.
What do I do when I receive a MoneyBeam Request?
When you receive a MoneyBeam Request from another US N26 customer, you can either accept or reject it. Either way, you will first have to launch the N26 mobile app to see the details of the request.
- Your Home screen will be displayed along with a transaction list showing a Pending transaction (the MoneyBeam Request).
- Tap on the transaction to go to the next screen.
- The Request details screen will be displayed. Either accept or decline the request by tapping on the appropriate icon.
- If you accept the request, you will be taken to the Identity Check screen.
- Enter the 4 digit Confirmation PIN that you created earlier. This will initiate the transfer.
- After entering your Confirmation PIN, you will be asked a final time to either confirm or delete the transaction. Please note: Once confirmed, the transaction cannot be canceled.
- After the transfer is complete, your Home screen will be displayed with a Transaction List showing the funds that were withdrawn from your account.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I send a MoneyBeam to a Non-N26 customer?
Unfortunately, no. MoneyBeam transfers can only occur between N26 customers.
Can I send a MoneyBeam to a Non-US N26 customer?
Unfortunately, no. US MoneyBeam transfers can only be made to fellow US N26 customers.
Do I actively have to opt in to use MoneyBeam?
Yes, both parties have to actively opt in to use the MoneyBeam feature.
Are there limits to MoneyBeam?
Yes. The maximum amount that you can transfer is $3,000 (per transaction), $3,000 daily limit (rolling 24 hours), and a $12,000 monthly limit (= per calendar month).
Are there fees associated with MoneyBeam?
No, there are no fees to use MoneyBeam.
How will this transaction show up in my account?
Each MoneyBeam transaction will show up as a 2 line item in the transaction detail file. One line will have a positive amount, and the other line will have a negative amount depending on who is sending the money (debited) and who is receiving the money (credited).
How can I make sure that I am visible/not visible to all of my contacts?
That's easy! To make sure that you are visible/not visible:
- Go to 👤"My Account" in the application.
- Select Settings→Personal settings→Personal Information.
- To allow other N26 users in your contact list to find you for easier transfers, make sure the toggle switch at the bottom of the screen is activated.
- To be invisible, simply deactivate the switch.
Why can't I see other N26 users on MoneyBeam?
If you don’t see a friend on MoneyBeam but you know they are an N26 user:
- They most likely haven’t made themselves visible. Please share the process above with them.
- Make sure your friend's contact number/email is the same as the one associated with their N26 account.