What is Google Pay®?
Google Pay* is the fast, simple way to pay at millions of places – onsite, in apps, and in stores. It brings together everything you need at checkout and protects your payment information with multiple layers of security. It keeps everything you need in one secure place:
- Credit and debit cards
- Boarding passes
- Loyalty cards
- Gift cards, and more.
With Google Pay, your actual card number is never shared with merchants or stored on your device. Instead, a device account number is used to process your payment.
Is Google Pay Secure?
Google Pay protects your payment information with multiple layers of security, using one of the world’s most advanced security infrastructures to help keep your account safe.
When you use your phone to pay contactless, your actual card number is never shared with merchants. Instead, a device account number is used to process our payment.
Can I add my N26 Visa® debit card to Google Pay?
Yes, you can add your N26 Visa debit card to Google Pay.
Is there a fee to use my N26 Visa debit card in Google Pay?
How can I add my N26 Visa Debit Card to Google Pay?
You can add your N26 Visa debit card to the Google Pay by following these simple steps:
- Open Google Pay.
- Tap Get started.
- Tap Credit or debit card.
- Tap Continue.
- Take a photo of the card.
- Choose the method to verify you.
- Tap Continue.
- Follow the instructions in the e-mail you have just received.
- Your card is now linked.
How do I use Google Pay?
To use Google Pay in stores:
- The merchant needs to offer contactless / Google Pay as a payment method.
- Wake up your Android phone. (You don't need to open the Google Pay application.)
- Hold the back of your phone close to the payment reader for a few seconds.
- When you're done paying a blue check mark will appear on the screen.
- If prompted, follow the instructions on the screen. (Some stores use older software that asks for a PIN or signature.)
To use Google Pay online or in an app:
- The online merchant needs to offer Google Pay as a payment method.
- At checkout, tap the Google Pay button.
- If asked, choose a payment method.
- Enter your shipping address.
How can I add my N26 Visa debit card to my smartwatch?
You can add your N26 Visa debit card to your smartwatch by following these simple steps:
- Make sure that your watch:
- Is running Wear OS by Google.
- Has NFC (Near Field Communication).
- Is connected to your phone via Bluetooth.
- On your watch, open the Google Pay application.
- Tap Get started.
- Set up screen lock (if you haven't already).
- On your phone, follow instructions to add a credit or debit card. Note: This only adds a card to the Google Pay app on your watch (not your phone).
- Your card will show up on your watch.
How can I use Google Pay on my smartwatch?
To use your smartwatch to pay for purchases:
- Launch the Google Pay application on your watch. Note: The watch doesn't need to be connected to your phone in order to make a payment.
- Place the top edge of your watch to the payment terminal.
- When the payment is accepted you'll feel a long vibration on your watch.
- The payment terminal will likely also beep to confirm.
How can I request money from someone via Google Pay?
You can request money via Google Pay by following these simple steps:
- Open the Google Pay app.
- Tap Send on the bottom of the navigation bar.
- Tap the blue Send or request button.
- Find the contact you are looking for.
- Enter the amount you are requesting.
- Tap Add Note if you want to leave an optional regarding the request.
- When done, tap Request to finish up.
How can I receive money in my N26 account via Google Pay?
When someone sends you money through Google Pay, you'll get an email or text message from Google with instructions on how to claim the money.
- In the notification email or text from 445-67, tap Claim money. Make sure it opens the Google Pay application or pay.google.com (new tab).
- Specify, or add, the debit card to transfer the money to. In this case, your N26 card.
- Enter your address.
- Claim your money.
Note: Once you've set a default payment method, any money you receive will go directly to it.
How do I remove my N26 Visa debit card from Google Pay?
To remove your N26 Visa debit card from Google Pay:
- Launch Google Pay.
- Tap your N26 card.
- Tap on the three vertical dots on the upper right hand of the screen.
- Tap Remove payment method.
- Your card is no longer in Google Pay.
*Google and Google Pay are trademarks of Google LLC. For a list of compatible Google Pay devices, see https://support.google.com/pay/answer/7643995 co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (new tab)
N26 does not manage external links, and is not responsible for the content, links, products or services of these websites. Further, N26's privacy and security policies do not apply to external linked websites. Please consult the disclosures of any external linked websites for further information.