How to file a complaint?
Looking for support or have a question
If you don't wish to make a complaint but you have questions about our products or need help with your account, we’re always happy to assist. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org(new tab) (new tab), or just open a chat with us directly within the mobile app or WebApp, that's the fastest and simplest way to get in touch.
Raising a complaint
We’re sorry you feel the need to raise a complaint, please see below for the ways you are able to do this.
If you are dissatisfied with one of our products or services, you can send us an email from your registered email address* or send your complaint via post to the address to:
N26 Bank GmbH – Complaint Management Klosterstraße 62, 10179 Berlin, Germany
Alternatively you can request to raise a complaint via our live support team and they will be happy to assist.
When filing a complaint, please always include:
- Your full name email and home address
- The product or service you're unhappy happy with
- A description of your complaint and when this occurred.
- You can also include any supporting documentation you have in relation to your complaint
If the complaint is presented by means of a representative, it must also be accompanied by a special notarized power of attorney form.
We’ll contact you via email to confirm that we’ve received your complaint and then begin our investigation. In case we need more information from you, our Complaint Management department will reach out directly via email with an explanation of the information required.
Once our Complaint Management department has investigated your concerns we will provide you with a final decision via email.
N26 commits to answer to within:
- 30 calendar days for complaints relating to banking and financial transactions and services;
- 15 working days for complaints regarding payment services such as wire transfers, permanent payment arrangements, debit card charges and more. In the event that it is not possible for us to respect the time limit of 15 days, N26 will send an holding answer indicating the reasons for the delay and the deadline within which the definitive answer will be provided, in any case within the maximum time frame of 35 working days.
If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint
If you are not satisfied with the resolution provided, you can escalate your complaint to an independent third party.
- You could file a complaint with the Arbitro Bancario Finanziario
- You could seek to reach an amicable dispute settlement with the assistance of Conciliatore Bancario Finanziario
- You can also go before another entity specialised in amicable settlement of disputes on banking and financial services, as long as this entity is enrolled in the appropriate register kept by the Italian Ministry of Justice
Customers with a German (DE) IBAN who are not satisfied with the response received to the complaint can also contact one of the following arbitration bodies.
- An arbitration body is available to you at the German Federal Bank (Deutsche Bundesbank)
- Or you could file a complaint with the German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht – BaFin)
The European Commission has also set up the Online Dispute Resolution platform to help consumers dispute out of court.
We are committed to constantly improving our products and services and your feedback makes this possible. Should you wish to provide us with feedback regarding anything, please write to us at email@example.com(new tab) (new tab).
* We can only discuss account related matters from an email address registered with the N26 account