How to request a refund for a direct debit?
You have the ability to request a SEPA direct debit refund in the app yourself up to 8 weeks after it has been debited.
- Open your transaction list and select the direct debit in question.
- Choose Refund.
- The amount will then be credited to your account within 2 banking days.
IBANs for Spaces: You can also request a SEPA direct debit refund in the app for your IBAN-assigned Spaces. The same rules as above apply:
- Must be done within 8 weeks after it has been debited.
- Once refund has been selected, the direct debit will be credited to your account within 2 banking days
To refund a direct debit in an IBAN Space:
- Login to the N26 mobile app
- Tap on ‘Spaces’
- Go to the Space you wish to refund a direct debit
- Select the direct debit transaction in question
- Choose ‘Refund’
*For Non-Euro countries only: If you are setting up a direct debit with a merchant in your home currency, it's the receiving bank who dictates the currency exchange and the ultimate amount that is collected from us. Please check the list of countries:
- Czech Republic