Why can’t I get a Basiskonto?
Under some circumstances, N26 is allowed to reject your Basiskonto request. That’s the case if you:
- Live outside of a supported country.
- Already have an N26 bank account or another bank account in Germany and can use it to its full extent.
- Were convicted of a crime against the bank, its employees, or its customers within the past 3 years.
- Have already maintained a Basiskonto at N26 in the past that was closed due to prohibited usage or a negative balance.
- You didn’t meet minimum requirements in accordance to the Money Laundering Act and the Credit Services Act.